The Internet is filled with ideas about what women should do before they turn 30, but among all that career and family advice there aren’t too many ideas on what to wear. You apparently can’t wear the same clothes when you’re 20 and when you’re 30, so which clothes should you choose once you hit the 30 mark? Find out right now and shop for gorgeous and affordable clothing on Jiji: https://jiji.ng/fashion-and-beauty
What To Wear
Here is a list of wardrobe items it’s necessary to buy upon turning 30 if you don’t own them already:
- Leather jacket. Your twenties are usually the time when you wear a denim jacket with nearly every outfit, but by the time you turn 30, it’s time to upgrade to a genuine black leather jacket. Wear it with your favorite dresses and jeans.
- Flattering top. As a grown woman, you probably attend many social events, but not all of them require an evening or cocktail dress. A great fitting top can be easily paired with all kinds of bottoms, from skinny trousers to pencil skirts. Get an off-shoulder or V-neck top for an extra spicy look.
- Perfectly fitting jeans or trousers. In your twenties, you could effortlessly get away with jeans or trousers that didn’t fit you perfectly, but after a certain age, there’s no excuse not to have your jeans tailored. Buy a pair that suits you the most and takes it to a professional tailor to have them fit you like a glove.
- Trenchcoat. Trenchcoat may not be the first choice of outerwear for chilly autumn evenings when you’re under 30, but a few years later you suddenly realize that a trenchcoat may be a universal piece of outerwear ever designed.
- Formal dress. Finally, for those special occasions like your best friend’s wedding or a big corporate event, you need a black-tie dress – a dress that would fit even the strictest of wardrobe. It can be the iconic little black dress or something more creative – the only requirement is that you love it.
How To Dress Right In Your 30s
Turning 30 doesn’t mean that you instantly need to change who you are and your approach to clothing, but it’s good to make a few changes to have a more mature image.
As your style evolves, you can start being more adventurous when it comes to combining patterns, shapes, and colors. The combinations you never thought were possible may be the best thing that ever happened to your look.
At the same time, it’s best to stay away from the outfits and separate pieces that you could imagine your teenage sister wearing – there is nothing wrong with the desire to look younger, but there is a more sophisticated way to achieve that!